Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bill Ayers: I'm as much an anarchist as I am a Marxist





"I considered myself partly an anarchist then, I consider myself partly an anarchist now, I mean I'm as much an anarchist as I am a Marxist. Which is to say I find a lot of the ideas in anarchism appealing. . . We create felons by having these archaic, puritan drug laws that make no sense whatsoever in any logical way. So in that sense, I still feel like kind of an anarchist. I don't feel like the rules apply. And if they don't apply, I don't feel like you should follow them. . . Is one of those regrets that I took extreme measures against the United States at a time of tremendous crisis, no it is not. I don't regret that. . . There is a struggle over various religious fundamentalism, Jihad being the most visible. But the religious fundamentalism of the Christians and the Jews is equally troubling." -- Bill Ayers, KUCI-FM radio interview, 2002

No comments: