Tuesday, January 20, 2009

He flubbed the swearing in


It's bugging me that the crowd is chanting his name. Did that ever happen to the other presidents? I guess it helps that his name is three syllables and mostly vowels. You didn't hear Bush, Bush, Bush, or even Clinton, Clinton, Clinton did you?

Who flubbed the swearing in? Was it Justice Roberts or Obama? Campbell Brown of CNN blames Justice Roberts. My first impression was that Obama rushed it, flubbed up and forgot the words. You would think Obama would have memorized those words and burned them into his brain. Not a great way to start the presidency.





I Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Looks like Roberts was the one who messed up.

The messiah has been coronated! Nice 21-gun salute.

Now his speech.

Just wish he had said, my fellow "Americans", instead of my fellow "citizens". But hey, we are citizens of the world now aren't we! Citizen Barack, say good-bye to Citizen Bush.


This poem could have been written by a fifth grader. And the way it's being read . . . tedious.

Obama seems to tilt his head up a lot. I wonder if that's natural, or is it planned so every photo of him looks heroic?

OK, it's over.

Listen to the recording. Doesn't it sound like Di Fi pronounced "oath" of office as "oaf" of office? I did a double take when I heard that. Listen and see if you agree. Rush Limbaugh just mentioned it too, and I think he was surprised, because he's been using that word.

No comments: