Sunday, October 4, 2009

what Obama calls "promoting and boosting our nation"






Mark Levin played a soundbite of Obama after he got back from Copenhagen:

"I have no doubt that it was the strongest bid possible, and I'm proud that I was able to come in and help make that case in person. I believe it's always a worthwhile endeavor to promote and boost the United States of America."

Funny how he goes about promoting and boosting the USA. Here's some examples:

"Whatever we once were, we're no longer a Christian nation."

"America does not presume to know what is best for everyone"

"As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam."

"In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world."

"The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods in our history."

"Too often, the United States has not pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors."

"The United States will be willing to acknowledge past errors where those errors have been made."

"So let me be clear: no system of government can or should be imposed upon one nation by any other."

"We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent."

"Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism - it is an important part of promoting peace."

"Our country still struggles with the legacies of slavery and segregation, the past treatment of Native Americans."

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person...."

"That’s what I’m opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics."

"My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy. We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect."

"So the record is clear: Rather than keeping us safer, the prison at Guantanamo has weakened American national security. It is a rallying cry for our enemies."

"I would like to think that with my election and the early decisions that we've made, that you're starting to see some restoration of America's standing in the world."

"While the United States has done much to promote peace and prosperity in the hemisphere, we have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms."

"The danger I think is when the United States or any country thinks that we can simply impose these values on another country with a different history and a different culture"

"In Europe, the view that America is part of what has gone wrong in our world, rather than a force to help make it right, has become all too common."

"I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we've struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We've made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions."

"The Holy Koran tells us, "O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another."

"So I read the book to help me understand what it is that makes white people so afraid, their demons, the way ideas get twisted around. It helps me understand how people learn to hate."

No comments: